I’ve always been an app geek. When the Palm Pilot first came out, I recall being thrilled by the potential it held for digitizing our lives. What apps do you swear by?
Here are mine (using an iPhone):
1. Evernote: a place to brain-dump all my thoughts. Either type a note directly into a searchable ‘notebook’, attach jpgs/pdfs, or use the webclipper tool to directly save articles for later reading. Syncs across mobile, desktop and web-app.
2. Dropbox/Google Photos: I set these apps to sync my photos continuously so I can easily access them on my phone without taking up space on my phone storage.
3. Wunderlist: A virtual to-do list that helps me quick-add action items and set deadlines/reminders. Also a great web-app!
4. Logsit: Track how often I do anything + get reminders when it’s time to do it again. Super helpful for infrequent recurring tasks that I want to keep tabs on. Plus, it scratches my ‘quantified-self’ itch.
5. Google Calendar: Scheduling my life means I get to do all the things I want (including downtime). Bonus: certain phrases elicit fun graphics, which I love (but they’re able to be toggled off if grahpics aren’t for you).
I’d love to hear yours and continue feeding my app-etite for productivity (and puns)!