#RyersonSA (General)

Positivity Idea Bank!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Bailey Parnell Bailey Parnell 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cassie Anton
    Participant

We all know that a little positivity can go a long way. We’ve learned about many benefits of cultivating optimism through ThriveRU. I’m curious what strategies you practice (or want to learn more about) in terms of “cultivating optimism” or “practicing positivity.”

I’ll get us started: I train my brain to focus on the good by…
    — Making an effort to express gratitude (verbally or written notes)
    — The “3 Good Things” Exercise (before bed or in the morning)

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Avatar Cassie Anton.
    Rachel Barreca
    Rachel Barreca
    Participant

I try to remember one of the hardest, yet most profound lessons from Brene Brown’s “Rising Strong”, the idea that we should assume everyone is doing the best they can in the moment. I struggle with this, but it is something that returns to me a lot. In particular, I need to apply this concept to me. Self compassion. Anyway, as Brene says:

“…sometimes when we are beating ourselves up, we need to stop and say to that harassing voice inside, “Man, I’m doing the very best I can right now.””

John Hannah
    John Hannah
    Participant

I gave up Twitter.

Cassie Anton
    Participant

Love this, Rachel! Reminds me of the “assumption of positive intent” concept, which is one of my favourites. We’re all human, after all 🙂

Allysa Martinez
    Allysa Martinez
    Participant

I go to friends who are kind enough to share their positive energy with me and it helps me to shift my attitude especially if I am feeling negative.

I try to put my problems in perspective. Usually the stuff I’m stressing over is such a privilege to be stressing over. A school paper for example.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.